Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Progress on ProjecT

Working toward completion of my final project, lately I have been focusing on finding the materials and objects I will be using to present my project with. I have been looking at pictures of the RMS Titanic and focusing on the survivors of the sink. I have been reading stories of these survivors to see if there was any personal connection I could find within them. On a general level, there may have been some, but nothing too similar. I have also started working on the Wordles based on the stories and feedback of the survivors. I have been deciding on fonts, colors and sizes that best represent my topic. Along with the Wordles, I have also been starting to create my map from Google Maps, and have been plotting out where the Titanic ship had been sailing to and from. While researching about this historical event, I came across a realization that the movie Titanic starring Leonardo DiCaprio had little relevance to the actual event. The characters "Jack and Rose" didn't really exist, and nor was there a love story. Along with the irrelevance of those characters there were many that resemble actual people that were involved on the ship, such as the captain. I found this to be interesting and confusing, but I guess it’s just the way it is in show business! I have not encountered any struggles or unsure moments yet because the work that I have started with is pretty straight forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment