Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wonders of Wordle!

This text is solely based on Scarface, Bob Marley and Oasis. An all time favorite movie, all time favorite artist and the band that I listened to throughout my childhood. This wordle is basically positive, there is nothing negative about it other than titles of songs( i.e. I shot the sheriff ) and the story line in Scarface. I was surprised at the way that wordle created this formation. I found the randomized scattering quiet fascinating. I also enjoyed how there is a lot of editing options. I loved how when you customize your own color pallet it does not result in the solid colors that you chose, instead it blends them to create new ones, as if the colors you chose were just a base. You are able to remove, add, configure, color and change the layout completely without starting over.I played around with the word cloud and discovered by removing one word almost changes the whole formation. The placement is so precise that when you remove one word, it doesn't just leave it blank, but it re-scrambles the whole cloud.

I chose to create a tag cloud based on a facebook message I recieved. Personally I liked wordle more than tag cloud, just because you have the ability to be more creative and personalize your word cloud. Opposed to Tag Crowd, there is only one style and no opportunity to edit or create your own work. One attribute of Tag Crowd is that you are able to clink on a word that takes you to a web source of your choice. I would like to see more variety of editing tactics in Tag Crowd, abitlity to change colors, fonts, layouts etc. A stop list is a list of insignificant words, designed to eliminate indexing of and retrieval by words like
“an” and “the.”
Stemwedel’s, “What’s the Point of a College Education?”
George Orwell’s 1984








Facebook Post!

  1. Steve Jobs’ 2005 Commencement Speech at Stanford
A personal Essay!

A poem from Representative Poetry Online
youtube!

No comments:

Post a Comment